Training and Principal Qualifications:
- USA Fellowship trained in Laser & Corneal Surgery
- UK Fellowship trained in Laser & Corneal Surgery
- iLASIK certified surgeon
- Vision Correction Specialist & Director – Eye Institute
- Clinical Senior Lecturer in Ophthalmology – University of Auckland
- Visiting Consultant Ophthalmologist – Auckland City Hospital
Associations & memberships:
- Past President – Cornea and Contact Lens Society of NZ
- Member – International Society of Refractive Surgeons
- Member – American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgeons
- Fellow – Royal Australian and NZ College of Ophthalmologists
- Inaugural Member - Australasian Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgeons
- Inaugural Member – International Ocular Surface Society
- Previous International Council Rep. for NZ – International Society of Refractive Surgeons
Dr. Gray has received unique, dual Cataract & Cornea Fellowship training at both Moorﬁelds Eye Hospital London and Bascom Palmer Eye Institute Miami, making him one of the most highly trained eye surgeons in New Zealand.
Dr. Gray is Clinical Senior Lecturer in Ophthalmology(University of Auckland) where he lectures on Refractive-Cataract Surgery and other aspects of modern eye surgery. He has been a Consultant Ophthalmologist at Auckland Hospital Eye Department since 1997 where he trains junior Ophthalmologists and other eye care professionals every week.
Dr. Gray has completed accredited training to use the most advanced technologies to help his patients achieve their best vision, often with minimal need for glasses after successful surgery.