Dr Watson’s specialisations:
• Excellence in Cataract Surgery
Dr Watson uses the latest technologies and techniques to ensure a comfortable and pleasant experience for you while safely restoring more youthful vision. Additionally, underlying problems such as astigmatism, short-sightedness and long-sightedness are readily corrected. Techniques include:
- no-needle, painless gel anaesthetic
- small, sutureless incision technique
- latest technology cataract dissolve and remove
- astigmatism-correcting lens implants
- options for minimising reading glasses use - multifocal lens implants, blended vision
• Oculoplastic Surgery
Eyelid surgery including ectropion, entropion, blepharoplasty; lacrimal surgery – treatment of watery eyes; skin cancers around the eyes; orbital disease; botulinum toxin treatment .
- Corneal Surgery: Keratoconus treatments including corneal collagen cross-linking (CXL), Keraring and Intacs implants
- Corneal graft surgery including partial thickness DALK and DSAEK techniques
- Excimer and femtosecond laser surgical techniques .
• Ocular Surface Disease
Dry eyes, allergic eye disease, traumatic and immune limbal stem cell failure.
• Refractive Surgery (LASIK)
Laser eye surgery, or laser vision correction, involves the use of a laser to change the shape of the surface of the eye, the cornea. By altering the shape of the cornea, laser eye surgery can remove any focusing error. It corrects Shortsightedness, Longsightedness and Astigmatism.